This English What’s in my tray? activity develops the understanding of how to extend simple sentences by using conjunctions.
- English (KS1 and KS2)
- Easy to do at home
- Developing sentence structure
What to do:
- Make some word cards for the different subordinating conjunctions you could use(ours are the coloured bricks).
- We have used word cards for the other types of words but you could write a simple sentence instead.
- Write or make a simple sentence.
- Pick a subordinating conjunction.
- Now add the conjunction into the sentence to extend it.
- Re-read your extended sentence to check it makes sense.