Uses of materials
Try this free What’s in my tray? activity to test different types of materials.
- Science (KS1)
- Uses of materials
- Simple and easy to make at home
What to do:
- Find two empty containers or trays.
- Fill one container with any everyday objects you can find.
- Sort the other container into four sections. You might use containers or even tape to separate the sections.
- Titles- bending, squashing, twisting and stretching.
- One by one sort the objects into the correct sections and have a discussion for each one.
- Any objects that do not fit the categories can stay in the container.