Subtraction within 20
This What’s in my tray? activity will help your child develop their subtraction skills with numbers up to 20.
- Maths (KS1)
- Simple and easy to create at home
What to do:
- Collect milk lids (20 of each colour if possible).
- Write numbers to 20 on them (use a permanent marker).
- Fill a container with water.
- Put the milk lids into the water and mix around.
- With a drainer or ladle scoop one number of each coloured lid.
- Place them down and write the subtraction calculation.
- Solve the calculation- use a numberline or counting objects to help.