Obb and Bob
Obb and Bob are well known in Early-Years and Key Stage One as part of phonics learning. This What’s in my tray? activity is great to practice reading real and nonsense words.
What to do:
- Create the aliens in the base of the tray. We have used Edx Rainbow pebbles.
- The odd one is ‘Obb’ and the normal looking one is ‘Bob’.
- Obb eats nonsense words and Bob eats real words.
- Write out a selection of real and nonsense words onto pieces of paper.
- One at a time, give your child a word to decode and read.
- If it is a real word, place it next to Bob and if it is a nonsense word, place it near Obb.