Missing numbers with Numicon
Can you find the missing number in the calculation with this What’s in my tray? activity?
What to do:
- Find a tray and split the base into three columns with masking tape.
- Draw out the maths symbols and cut them out.
- Make one card for ‘missing number’.
- You can choose to focus on addition or subtraction skills.
- Place the Numicon pieces in the correct columns and then ask your child to find the missing number.
- They should physically use the numicon pieces they have to help them find the missing digit.