Line of symmetry
This What’s in my tray? activity helps to illustrate what a line of symmetry looks like. Have a go at this activity to complete different shapes and find out how many lines of symmetry they have.
- Maths (KS1 and KS2)
- Line of symmetry
- Simple to recreate at home.
What to do:
- Find an empty tray or surface space to work on.
- Using masking tape, make a line down the middle.
- Gather a range of everyday objects from around the home (x2 of each item)
- On one side create a pattern or shape.
- Challenge a partner to create the exact same shape on the other side of the tape- creating a whole shape with a line of symmetry.