This English What’s in my tray? activity will support your child’s understanding of compound words.
- English (KS1)
- Compound words
- Simple to recreate at home.
What to do:
- Get three pieces of different coloured paper/card and a pen.
- Make a list of compound words (you can use ours as a starter but feel free to add your own).
- The compound word itself needs to be written on the different pieces of paper as pictured above.
- After all the words have been written, cut them out and mix them up in a container.
- Can your child match the words to make the compound words?