Are you learning about capacity and volume? This What’s in my tray? activity will help you use resources from around the home to consolidate your learning.
- Maths (KS1)
- Easy to create at home
- Simple resources
What to do:
- Find 3 empty bottles.
- Fill one to the top and fill another halfway.
- Leave one bottle empty.
- On post-it notes, write the labels (full, empty, half full, more and less).
- Take it in turns to match the labels to the bottles.
- Next, take two bottles and compare them with the ‘more’ and ‘less’ labels.
- Discuss how you know which container holds more volume than the other.