Bird feeder tray
A Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray doubles perfectly as a bird feeding tray, and is the perfect #WhatsInMyTray activity to get your class outside and enjoying the sunshine.
You will need…
- One Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray
- One 2×2 Gratnells tray insert
- Different varieties of bird feed
- An outside space
What to do…
- Head outside with a Shallow (F1) Gratnells tray and a 2×2 Gratnells insert
- Fill each section of the insert with a different type of bird food. You could also fill one section with water so that the birds can have a drink or bath
- Place the tray on the ground or on a raised surface so that the birds can fly down and stop for a little break
- You could spend some time watching the different birds that stop by. Try to identify them based on their individual characteristics.
- You could record which birds enjoy which type of food the most and if they stop for a drink or bath.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.