These storytelling trays are the perfect What’s in my tray? activity to help you tell stories with your class. Ideal for World Book Day, this activity will allow your class to explore different ways to tell and share stories.
You will need…
- Gratnells trays
- Your favourite story books
- Props from your favourite story books to help tell the story
What to do…
- Select a range of stories with your class that are their favourites or that are within your curriculum
- Looking at the story’s characters and plot, source some props that could be used with your class to tell the story
- Fill a Gratnells tray with the props that match that story, along with a copy of the book, and distribute to small groups in the class
- In their small groups, encourage the children to read the book and act it out using the props provided within the tray. They could even use the tray as a stage!
- To build confidence, encourage each group to use their props to help tell their story to the rest of the class.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.