Sharing into groups
This simple Maths activity will help your child to share objects equally into groups. This will also support their division skills.
- Maths (KS1)
- Division (sharing into groups)
- Simple to do at home
What to do:
- Find a range of counting objects and place them in a container.
- Write a division calculation to solve.
- Count the objects to match the biggest number in your calculation (e,g 12÷2, we have counted 12 lids to place in the top container)
- If you are sharing into two groups then you need two containers to share into. You can change this depending on choice.
- Now share the lids into the two equal groups, one lid at a time.
- To find the answer, count how many lids are in one of the equal groups.
- 12 ÷2= 6