Prep room furniture
Appropriate furniture should be provided in order that Science Technicians responsible for preparation of Science materials and equipment can work efficiently and effectively. Furniture requirements include:
- Benches, ≥ 900mm high, to suit adults, with sufficient clearance underneath for fridges, dishwashers, a measurement of 240-270mm from the top of the stool to the underside of the worktop allows sufficient upper leg clearance for the technician to sit comfortably at the work surface.
- Stools for benches, with back rests.
- Chairs and desks for administration.
- Notice boards and whiteboards for administration.
- Equipment trolleys (for mobile storage and preparation) – these should be the same height as benches.
- Shelving should be ≤ 2m high, stable and secured to a Floors should be designed to cope with maximum loads, especially where rolling storage is installed. Stepladders should be provided: height equal to the top shelf, with grab rails and platform.