This simple Maths What’s in my tray? activity will allow your child to understand 1:1 correspondence and recognise their first few numbers.
What to do:
- Write out the numbers you want to focus on in the base of the tray.
- We are learning the digits 1-5
- Give your child a selection of small objects that they can count with. We have used EDx Rainbow pebbles.
- Ask your child to first say the number out loud- reinforces number recognition.
- Can they count out the correct number of objects to match the number?