Are you wanting to develop your child’s fine motor skills? Try this fun What’s in my tray? activity to combine fine motor skills and maths learning.
What to do:
- Gather a tray and two empty containers (We have used the SortED inserts)
- Place numbers 1-20 in one container.
- Find small objects to place in the other container (we have used EDx rainbow pebbles)
- Ask your child to pick a number first.
- Then they have to use that many pebbles or small objects to build a tower where all the objects are balancing on one another.
- The picture above shows the number 8 is chosen and then next to it is a small tower which has 8 pebbles.
Challenge– Can you build one using any number over 15?