Number salt trays
These salt trays are the perfect way to practice handwriting and basic number formation.
You will need:
- 1 x Shallow Gratnells (F1) tray
- Rainbow paper – printed and fixed to the bottom of the tray
- Number cards or beanbags
- Print and laminate a sheet of rainbow paper
- Fix to the bottom of the tray using blue tac or sticky tape.
What to do:
- Once the rainbow paper is fixed to the bottom of the tray, pour the salt on top and spread out to fill the bottom of the tray
- Select a number card or beanbag
- Write the numbers in the salt using fingers – once practiced and perfected, move on to the next number.
Other things to try…
- Once confident with single numbers, try practicing sums.
Health & Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s In My Tray Activities, you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities or demonstrations.