This maths What’s in my tray? activity is great to play with younger children either in Early-Years or Key Stage 1.
What to do:
- Create a 3×3 grid in the base of a tray -use a whiteboard pen
- Write in the digits 1-9
- The child has the tray in front of them and waits for someone to call out a number.
- When the number is called, the child has to go and find that many objects to bring back and place into that particular square.
- e.g “4”, the child goes around the house to find 4 small objects and puts them into the square which says 4.
- Can you get a full house?