Multiplying by 2, 5 and 10
This What’s in my tray? activity will help you to multiply numbers by 2,5 and 10.
- Maths (KS1)
- Multiplication practise
- Easy to recreate at home
What to do:
- Find an empty container, tray or box.
- Using masking tape, make a grid.
- Write a selection of numbers (depending on the level of challenge) and put them in a container.
- Write x2, x5 and x10 into the grid.
- Pick a number
- Find any object to roll into the grid (we’ve used a foam square) and wait for it to stop.
- We have landed in x5 so our calculation to solve is ‘3×5=’