Create your very own bonfire artwork using some old cardboard, some paint, pipe cleaners and, of course, a couple of Gratnells trays!
You will be able to:
- Create a 3D picture of a bonfire.
You will need:
- 2 x Shallow Gratnells Trays (F1)
- 1 x sheet of black paper or sugar paper
- Yellow and/or orange paint
- Pieces of cardboard
- PVA glue
- Pipe cleaners
What to do:
- Make sure you have two Gratnells trays handy for this activity. Place a piece of paper into one, and in the other, squirt some blobs of orange and yellow paint ready to start painting.
- Tear up some old pieces of cardboard to create the wood logs for the base of your bonfire. Glue them to your piece of paper to get started.
- Add some sparkle to your bonfire with gold pipe cleaners. Glue these on top of your cardboard logs.
- Swirl your hands in the different coloured paints and create a series of handprints above your bonfire base to make the flames.
Other things to try…
- Mix in some glitter with the paint for an extra sparkle.
- Add extra pipe cleaners into the bonfire flames.
EYFS- Development Matters- Expressive arts and design -Gives meaning to marks they make as they draw, write and paint.
Key Stage 1- Primary National Curriculum– D.T- To use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
Health and Safety
As with all Gratnells Learning Rooms What’s in my tray activities you should carry out your own risk assessment prior to undertaking any of the activities with children.